SB 132 would
- Allow any incarcerated male to claim that he has a feminine “gender identity.”
- Give any such incarcerated male the legal right to be housed at a women’s facility, unless the incarcerated male’s “perception of [his] own health and safety needs requires a different placement.”
- Force correctional facility staff to use language pretending that males who claim to have a woman “gender identity” are women.
- Forbid facility officials from considering anatomy, the presence or absence of a diagnosis of gender dysphoria, and the presence or absence of any other physical or mental health diagnosis.
- Forbid prison officials from overriding a prisoner’s demand to be housed in a women’s facility unless the prison official meets the extraordinarily high bar of demonstrating in advance “significant security or management concerns.”>
This is currently on the floor of the California Assembly, having already passed the Senate.
This bill appears to be in Unfinished Business for today, Aug. 6th. The California Assembly has adjourned until Monday, August 24, 2020 at 1:00 p.m.
List of all Assembly members and their contact info is here: https://www.assembly.ca.gov/assemblymembers
PLEASE CALL AND WRITE THEM and urge a NO vote especially CA residents.