As a circle devoted to aggregating news stories, we want to make it easy for visitors to search by time, location, and incident, as well as increasing the ease of checking for already posted stories. With that in mind, please format the title of your link post accordingly:
[Location/Country][Location/US State] News article title [Criminal's Name]
[USA][CA] News Article Title [John Smith]
Rules for posting:
- After posting, please add a flair with the perpetrator's sex and the date of the article you've linked (ex. MALE 2019 for a male committed crime with an article from 2019). We go by the date of the article because there are often multiple dates associated with a crime and updates over time. The flair information should not be added to the title of the post.
- If the criminal has both a transgender name and original/male name in the article then please bracket both.
- You are encouraged to re-word the article to clarify the crime and perpetrator if it seems to have been intentionally obscured. For example: "Woman Stabs Two People in Grocery Store" would become "Transgender Identified Male Stabs Two People in Grocery Store."
- Many people who use this circle are looking for proof of crimes in specific spaces ("this never happens" assertions are often about violations of sex specific spaces), so please include descriptors of where the crime occurred in your title when relevant. Include keywords like "bathroom," "toilet," "changing room," "locker room," and "shelter," etc. when relevant.
- All posts should be links to a primary news report by a news site (not links to secondary commentary--that can be included in the comments). Post only what has already been made public.
- Posts to non-English news sources are allowed but we ask that you add a translation in the comments (use google translate or similar). This is also subject to verification of the authenticity of the news site.
- We know violence against women by TRAs on social media is rampant, but please send your screenshots to the TerfIsASlur circle. This circle is for crime news stories specifically.
- Post an archive link as a comment on your own post in case the article is one day taken down. https://archive.is/ and https://archive.org/web/ are good options.
- You are also welcome to, additionally, copy and paste the article text into a comment. This is not required but still appreciated.
- We use the terms: TiM = transgender identified male (a man) and TiF = transgender identified female (a woman). These are objectively factual acronyms, not snide shorthand.
- Absolutely no threats of violence to other posters, the subjects of the news articles, or the world at large. Let's keep the quality of our commentary high by commenting on the content of the story and your analysis of it. Mods reserve the right to remove inflammatory comments that do add information or insight.
What is a relevant story?
Because news outlets tend to use the "No True Scotsman" excuse for transgender offenders, if they mention their trans status at all, it is important to use your discretion in posting. Mods will also use their own discretion in approving posts to maintain an accurate database. The concept and word "transgender" was not used until recently, and we know that gender identity is subjective and thus impossible to objectively define, so we have to post by certain "tells" of transgenderism that include cross dressing.
However, our stance is not that men cannot wear feminine clothing (a regressive notion that got us here in the first place), but that sex separate spaces for women limit opportunities for male violence and being able to eject a clearly male person from a women's bathroom or private space is an important right. With self-ID laws in place in many parts of the US and being pushed in the UK, there is no way for any of us to know that a man in a woman's bathroom, along with certain tells, is or is not transgender. It is also often taboo to mention that a perpetrator is transgender in news reports, so this fact is often left unstated. We post in this gray space. Please use your best judgement and recognize that mods will choose to accept posts based on their own best judgement as well in order to maintain a high quality database of incidents.
Why are you doing this?
Allowing male, transgendered identified males into women's sex separate spaces opens up to men (regardless of felt identity) an exploitable loophole that can lead to crime.
The reporting of male crime as female-perpetrated also distorts female crime statistics and public perception. Without accurate reporting of male violence, women as a class cannot lead a movement or gather resources to counter and improve their lives.
The ThisNeverHappens circle was created as a resource to open dialogue on these issues that trans activists have tried to suppress. It speaks to the fallacy that "these things never happen" and to shifts the narrative to "these things sometimes happen--what do we do about them? How do we protect women?"
This is an evolving set of guidelines that will be added to as new suggestions and delineations appear.